Sunday, February 27, 2011


http://www.robbiecooper.org/
[from Alter Ego]
This is such a cool photo! The "world without strangers" shirt really pulls it together. And I can't help but be really into the smoothies and ice cream too. I was pretty surprised when I read the accompanying text to this photo. I was wondering if the Korean university professor being photographed had anything to say about sexuality and his avatar. But apparently the little girl look is mostly a ploy for commercial exchange. And apparently Everquest has a complex economy within its virtual world, something this professor has spent a great amount of time analyzing. While I was looking through this photo series, I was under the impression that most of the avatars revealed something about the players' wants and desires in terms of self image.

No comments:

Post a Comment