Monday, March 7, 2011

BRAINSLOSH

So without warning, I've changed my idea around entirely. But maybe not so much - it might still apply to my "brainslosh," or perhaps still serve as an autobiographical piece.


This is Gr333nman and PiNkBabee, two characters I came up with for my flash alpha project.
They're going to be clickable and chatty, and I'm considering having them have the following conversation:

G.M.: Toot that thang up mami, make it roll, once you pop pop lock it for me girl get low, if ya Mama gave it to ya babygirl let it show, once you pop lock drop it for me maybe we can roll! (oh!)
P.B.: I can't see any ice creams, I can't see any customers, cuz I'm a fuckin' Smurf!

The first quote is a line from a Souljah Boy song, and the second one is Snooki from MTV's Jersey Shore. These seemed like relevant people to take knowledge from for this 'conversation piece'. I was also considering using a Confucius or Zhuang Zi quote for one character and use the Snooki or Souljah Boy quote for the other. But I thought that might make this conversation seem too obviously ironic and not very unified. Snooki and Souljah Boy seemed unified enough for me.

Anyway, as for functionality, these characters will be animated buttons. They will have a default "Up" state - probably a droning "um um um um um uhhhh". Their "Over" state - a single frame hold. Their "Down" state - one word being spoken. My original plan was to have a set of random words to be randomly said when the characters are clicked resulting in a very disconnected and haphazard conversation. But now I'm thinking they should be saying a long string of sequential words, hence the Snooki and Soulja Boy quotes, but their speech will still be very fragmented. You could even alternate clicking characters to have them say their quotes one click at a time respectively.

As far my progress so far, I've got the "Up" and "Down" states animated as a cycle. I just need to figure out the coding to make them work as talking characters, and to record their words one at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment